Hello again. For me, yesterday was a great relaxing day, while also being very productive. I know that seems like an oxymoron, but it was 100% true. I got to do so many of the things I love, which also happened to be things that needed to get done. I know you are just dying to know the deep inner workings of me, and this blog is supposed to be about things that “make me smile” so let me tell you all the wonderful things I had the pleasure of doing yesterday.
- Laundry – I really love nice clean fresh smelling clothes 🙂
- Couponing – Saving our family money is currently one of my ways to contribute to our budget. And saving money, well I think that would make anyone smile.
- Menu Planning – More than anything, I hate having the conversation, “So what do you want for dinner?” “I don’t know what do you feel like?” “Spaghetti?” “No.” “Soup?” “No.”… and on and on and on. So, I am trying to plan out our meals a week at a time. This saves us money too because I only have to go to the store for ingredients once a week (I don’t know about you, but each time I go to the grocery store I come out with way more than I went in for) and we don’t end up throwing our hands in the air and deciding to just eat out after the dreaded aforementioned conversation.
- Grocery Shopping – This one is not really something that I love so much as it is the way in which I get to fully complete numbers 2 and 3. What is the point in clipping all those coupons if you never use them, or planning a whole weeks worth of food if you don’t get off your bum and buy the ingredients to make the meals happen?
- Photo work – Oh photography how I love you! Yesterday I finished up the editing on some photos from a very special birthday party that my husband and I had the pleasure of attending a couple of weeks ago. It was AMAZING! There was surprises, magic, and the best part was when everyone broke out in a flashmob song of “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast. Yes, this was a party for an adult… and it was the best party EVER! I enjoyed getting to help our friends keep those memories near and dear with some photos.
- Hello Gym – That’s right. After an ever so long separation, the gym and I saw each other again yesterday. I’m not going to lie, it was awkward at first, neither one of us knew what to say. But I think we both learned to let go of the past and I know at least I am excited for the future that we will have together.
Belt: Thrifted — Shoes: Trifted — Dress: Thrifted — Necklace: Thrifted — Top: Forever21
I kinda love this outfit. I’m a sucker for details and I really like the detail of the collar with the little jumper dress. And, I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that when you combine the sweetness of that collar with a unicorn necklace… well let’s all skip dessert tonight because that is A LOT of sweetness to take in.
I put this outfit on yesterday and was so excited about it that I went to go ask my husband what he thought… Poor boy, I always do this to him. Anyways, toothbrush in mouth, he responded, “Good.” And the rest of the conversation went something like this:
Me: “What’s good?”
Husband: “The dress.”
Husband: “Umm… The belt…? Is there anything else?”
Me: “So you don’t like my shirt?”
Husband: “I thought it was part of the dress. That just means that it goes together so well that it all looks like one piece.”
So… Nice save by the husband, or does the outfit really go together well?
-The Ever So Productive Kelley
P.S. Don’t really skip dessert tonight. I’m not going to 😉